High-Pressure Steam Boilers are important for industrial processes that need the higher temperatures associated with elevated steam pressures.
High Pressure Steam Boilers – Dependable Process Energy
High pressure steam boilers are used in many utility and manufacturing applications to generate the steam required to power a variety of industrial processes.
High pressure steam boiler characteristics:
- Produce steam above 15 PSIG up to 800 PSIG
- Temperatures will exceed 250 degrees F up to 1200 degrees F.
- May include a superheater to heat steam above saturation temperature.
Due to the high pressures and temperatures at which these boilers operate, they need to be monitored to ensure efficient and safe operation.
Operators of high pressure boilers must:
- Inspect switches, valves, & safety devices regularly
- Watch for leaks or other issues
- Fix problems immediately to prevent further damage
- Maintain proper chemistry in the boiler to prevent corrosion and scale
High Pressure Steam Boiler and Process Load
While low pressure steam boilers are most commonly used to provide heat for buildings and facilities, high pressure steam boilers are designed to provide energy for a variety of processes.
- Low Pressure Steam Boilers → Heat for Facilities
- High Pressure Steam Boilers → Energy for Processes
High pressure steam loads are referred to as process loads, and are classified as batch load or continuous load.
- Batch Loads – used to meet short term demands and produces load swings on the boiler
- Continuous Load – provides for more even and constant demand
When selecting a high pressure steam boiler, it is important to consider the type of process load that is required for the application. For batch loads, instantaneous demand can be very large. It is essential to select a high pressure boiler with a design that can meet the fluctuating demand.
High Pressure Steam Boiler Applications
High pressure steam boilers are used to support a wide range of high pressure steam processes in markets such as:
- Food processing
Whatever the high pressure steam boiler application may be, the process should be optimized for efficiency. A high pressure steam boiler that is too large for the application can mean wasted energy. A well-qualified and highly experienced high pressure steam boiler supplier will be able to analyze the application and design an optimal system that meets process needs while maintaining energy efficiency.
Lathrop Trotter is your source for steam boiler technology. We assist a wide range of businesses in increasing efficiency and lowering costs with high performance custom-designed HVAC and power solutions. Contact us to request a quote!