Employment Opportunities with Lathrop Trotter
( Jobs in the Greater Louisville/Lexington area )
As a Boiler Service Technician at The Lathrop Trotter Co. you will be responsible for maintenance, inspection and repair of company sold products. You will also work closely with our sales representatives to support customers with product start up. Generating and maintaining a good working relationship with our customers is a critical component of success. The position is based in the Lousiville, Lexington Kentucky area, with travel to job sites around the region.
Our team is a family of responsive, high energy, relationship focused professionals, who get the job done for our clients. If that sounds like an environment you would thrive in and contribute to, you would love working with us.
- Maintenance, inspection (internal & external), and repair of boilers, burners, controls and related boiler equipment (deaerator, blowdown separator, feedwater tank, water softener, chemical pumps, master panels, etc.) from light commercial and heavy industrial customers for both steam and hot water applications.
- Diagnosis and repair of mechanical and electrical components of these systems. Identifying and ordering replacement parts, calibration of systems at manufacturer’s recommendations and communication with clients on findings and suggested repairs or changes in operation.
Job Requirements Include:
- Candidate must possess good customer service skills and a desire to exceed client expectations, and effectively communicate with management, team members, and clients.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team and in a timely manner.
- Travel to job sites as assigned and work to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Must be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs and shutdowns of clients. Must be proficient with completing work orders, forms, and other required job-related paperwork in a timely manner.
- Identifying and gathering pertinent information for additional services required.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans and manuals.
- Will be required to maintain company vehicle in good working order of company vehicle.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies and equipment as well as manufacturers training courses.
Lathrop Trotter Boiler Service Technician Positions Include:
- An hourly wage dependent on experience with a guaranteed 40 hours per week for the first year.
- Overtime and Holiday Pay will be included for any Lathrop Trotter Holiday and for hours worked over 40 in a week. Wages will be paid bi-weekly.
- Bi-annual performance reviews will be held to evaluate performance and discuss development of your career goals.
The Benefits Package Includes the Following:
- Medical & Dental Insurance – You will be eligible to join this insurance plan the first of the month following sixty (60) days of service.
- Vision Insurance- You will be eligible to join the first of the month after 60 days of service.
- Wellness Program including a fitness reimbursement program, onsite nurse visits, and an annual health fair with wellness incentive payments
- Koch Companies 401(k) Plan – You will be eligible the first of the month following sixty (60) days of service; currently Koch Air matches up to 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% of your eligible compensation.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, and Sick Days – In a full calendar year, you will be eligible for ten (10) paid holidays, ten (10) paid vacation days, and five (5) paid sick days. You will be eligible for a prorated number of days based on your start date.
- Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability – You will be eligible for STD and LTD after one year of service
- Life Insurance –You will receive company provided life insurance and be able to purchase company sponsored supplemental coverage (eligible the first of the month following ninety (90) days of service).
- Educational Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program