Employment Opportunities with Lathrop Trotter
( Jobs in Greater Cincinnati, OH )
System Sales Engineer
As a System Sales Engineer at Lathrop Trotter you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with our industrial, OEM, institutional, engineering, and contractor customer base. You will work closely with our represented manufacturers to identify projects and applications where our products can fulfill customer requirements. You will promote our products to mechanical engineering firms, help specify equipment, and provide support for new projects being developed. You will also maintain relationships and facilitate aftermarket support of existing equipment installations. In addition, as a member of our team you will work closely with our applications engineers and project managers to successfully bid projects and see them through to successful completion and startup.
Our team is a family of responsive, high energy, relationship focused professionals, who get the job done for our clients. If that sounds like an environment you would thrive in and contribute to, you would love working with us.
The current open territory would be focused on Central and Eastern Kentucky and Southeast Ohio Required travel is between 20 and 40% but is typically within the territory. System Sales Engineers are required to be in our Cincinnati Office at least once per week.
As a Lathrop Trotter System Sales Engineer:
- You will maintain close working relationships with clients, vendors, and members of the Lathrop Trotter team.
- You will manage a territory including keeping CRM’s and reports for various principals up to date.
- You will maintain a working knowledge of our product lines and how to apply them.
- You will set pricing and bid strategy on major projects to put Lathrop Trotter in the best position to win business.
- You will support internal project managers and service personnel through successful startup of projects.
- You will work closely with manufacturers, other representative firms, and Lathrop Trotter Sales Engineers on complex multi-territory projects.
Job Requirements Include:
- Bachelors Degree – Engineering or Business preferred
- Relevant industry experience or experience selling machinery or another technically complex product in a B2B environment
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
Lathrop Trotter Sales Engineering Positions Include:
- Base Salary plus a generous commission plan
- Health Insurance
- 401k Plan with company match
- Car Allowance based on business mileage driven
- Cell Phone & Laptop or Tablet
- Expense Account